The only Latin nominated in all the major categories, Barrera’s exceptional talent and contributions to the industry are second to none and this nomination exemplifies his impact in Latin music.
Edgar Barrera’s GRAMMY Nomination:
1. Songwriter of the Year, Non-Classical
• Cuestión De Tiempo (Don Omar) (T)
• Falsa Alarma (En Vivo) (Grupo Firme) (T)
• Gucci Los Paños (Karol G) (T)
• La Despedida (Christian Nodal) (T)
• Mi Ex Tenía Razón (Karol G) (T)
• Que Vuelvas (Various Artists) (T)
• Un Cumbión Dolido (Christian Nodal) (T)
• un x100to (Grupo Frontera & Bad Bunny) (T)
• Yo Pr1mero (Rels B) (S)
Known for his versatility and ability to develop strong creative partnerships with artists, Edgar Barrera has penned some of the biggest hits of the last decade. With 19 Latin GRAMMYs and one GRAMMY under his belt already, his impressive body of work as a songwriter is leaving an indelible mark on the industry.
Next week, Edgar Barrera will perform at the 24th Annual Latin GRAMMY® Awards ceremony which will be broadcast live from the Conference and Exhibition Centre (FIBES), in Sevilla (Andalucía), Spain, on Thursday, Nov. 16, 2023.